Monday, July 6, 2009

Further Reflections and What a Day

Wow, we had a stellar day yesterday, couldn't have been nicer. Sunny, windy, and not too hot. Normally I'm not a fan of windy days, but it sure was nice to dry things out. Got things done around the house, but there's still so much more.

I'd say I'm almost finished with the woodpile, and I need to start fixing the house. Not enough time in the day, but one thing at a time. I need to stay focused and not try to do everything at once.

Just wanted to mention that we watched our first family fireworks show on the 4th, and was it ever exciting for the kids. I also have to admit it was a really good show. Not bad for a small town.

Now as we plan our summer, we have the ever-present worry about seeing the dyslexic duo. They seem to crop up everywhere and remind us of how hard being a kid can be. Special events would be so much nicer if we just didn't see them, because not only are they jerks to A, but they rekindle all these affections in her. Maybe it's a good thing, but she is oblivious to the signals being sent her way. She sees them, gets excited, and they proceed to completely ignore her. It just strikes me as so cruel, especially in light of how much they used to do together. Heartbreaking, but such are the hard lessons of life.

It ain't easy, but if it we didn't have to work hard and suffer, we'd just get soft, weak and lazy.

One last note, finally heard from Ben of World Partners and he seems to have liked what I wrote. I'm glad for that. Now if I can only get my act together for my website, life would be good.

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: