Friday, July 24, 2009

Last Day of Camp and the Crazy World We Live In

I've just found out that my good friend DW is running for congress, though I'm ashamed to admit that I'm not sure who our congressmen or senators are. I know Bernie Sanders and Patrick Leahy and Peter Welch are all involved, but who the senators and who are the congressmen? And aren't senators and representatives all members of congress? It's all a bunch of crazy semantics.

Okay, I did a Google search and found that Bernie and Pat are senators, and Pete is our rep. Glad I got that out of the way.

Anyway, my friend's goal is to unseat Peter Welch, and he's running a bit of a radical platform. It might help him to tone things down a bit because he's really smart and understands the problems of the world, but does himself a disservice by being so extreme. Then again, you gotta give him credit for standing by what he believes in. Best of luck to you DW.

It's funny, because I've been seeing him all over the place recently, and now this.

Today is the last day of camp and I have to admit, even though the kids loved it, I'll be glad to a return to normalcy. Too much driving and running around, I think it'll be easier next year when N has camp all day. This time around we had to find activities for him while A was in camp from 9-1. Then I had two hours off to write this blog and then get A, and then we had to pass one hour until he was finished with camp. Talk about crazy. The hardest thing was the three hours in the AM, and we usually went bowling or miniature golfing or something. It's a fairly big chunk of time.

Tonight we'll celebrate with a crazy night out at Boloco. I can't wait.

Personally, I'm looking forward to just having some time at home being a domestic daddy. Ah, the good life.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Michael Slonecker for the pic.

No comments: