Friday, July 10, 2009

A Nice Day and Working on Phredude.com

I've been trying to be more diligent about working on my website so RR won't kill me, but it ain't easy. Trying to get something as simple as the right picture for the homepage is causing me to lose sleep. What is the perfect image that conveys all that I want to say? Hmm, it may not exist, and maybe my fatal flaw is even looking for it. Oh well, it's kind of fun in a challenging sort of way, and I am learning the bare bone basics of using Photoshop. My goal is to have something for RR by the end of this week, and that time has come. Gotta get it together.

We had a great day yesterday, though there is still that cloud of discontent that I alluded to yesterday and I really do feel that I need to chill out and take it easy. Things will happen as they may, even if I resent the hell out of it. Boy, when it rains, it sure does poor. First the disappearance of CB from our lives, then all of my current neurotic struggles.

Anyway, R worked from home and we had a nice lunch over at Stella's. We chowed down and were glad we were able to walk it off on the way home. I took A to horses and then over to the Rec Center to play some tennis. I think the kids are coming along in their game, and N is enthusiastic and shows potential. He wants to play, so we'll keep practicing.

We saw A&I at the Rec, and once again she seemed a bit distant, not as warm and fuzzy as she usually is, and again, maybe that's just the way things are going to be. I'm not going to intervene or try to make things happen. It dawned on me that maybe they were peeved about how the 4th panned out, but I don't know what else to say. The new me is not going to fret over it... yeah right.

R brought up a good point about the whole situation and it boiled down to this-you can't control how people will respond, and whether or not they will do the right thing (or what you perceive as the right thing), so the only thing you can account for is yourselves. We can't force the friendship issue on our kids, they will develop their own bonds with the people of their choice, so the best thing we can do is offer them the chance to have as many experiences as possible, find the things they love, and they will meet kids with similar interests and personalities.

That will still entail a lot of legwork on my part, but I'm more than happy to do it. Besides, I've found the friendships that I've tried to encourage end falling flat on their faces, not unlike the totally obnoxious and annoying parents (boy, I sure hope I don't become this) who are continually trying to set their adult kids up with potential mates. Time for me to reassess.

Until that time, thanks for reading.

1 comment:

BookChook said...

Anyone who can get their head around Photoshop has my complete admiration!