Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Creating Stress

What the heck was I thinking?

I don't know how I get myself into these things, but I've gotten good at it. I offered to help a friend move, and of course it's creating scheduling conflicts, all of which, mind you, are rooted in the fact that we only have one car.

My good friend Jake is leaving Vermont-boo-hoo, and he's moving today. I told him way back when that I'd help him load the truck, and then the guy asks me to if I can help today. Normally this would be no problem, I want to help, but we only have one car, and I'm with the kids. So I told him I'd be happy to help, but I have to bring them along, and I need a ride. He gladly agreed on both counts.

Now for more complications-today is normally the day we go to GK&Ts, but they have plans in the afternoon, so it's going to be earlier. My initial plan was to drop R off at work, take the kids swimming (it's going to be a scorcher today), then go to GK&Ts, but then I can't help Jake. So scratch the swimming, let R take the car to work, Jake will pick us up and take us over to his place, and then take us home where R will be back from work and we can take the car to GK&Ts. Sound crazy enough?

This wouldn't be a problem if we had another car, a growing sore point between R and I, but I won't get into it. That's between her and I.

How will the kids fare? Not sure, they are good and well behaved, and having a big empty house could be fun. To be on the safe side, I'll rent a move and take my laptop, but I'm hoping things go smoothly. You never know.

Why is life so complicated? Because I make it so, but c'est la vie! Sometimes you can't think too much about it and you just have to go for it.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Sigurd Decroos for the pic.

No comments: