Saturday, July 4, 2009

Reflecting on Last Week of June

It's hard to believe that we're into July and have yet to have a stretch of days where we see the sun. June just seems to be a gray, rainy month, and it's pretty much been that way since landed here in Vermont. Then again, that's why it's so green around here. Then also again, it's been so wet and chilly that I actually burned wood for two days in July. Crazy.

Because of the rain we have had a lot of breaks in our horse riding, so it's been quiet on that front, and guitar has been going great except that KR is away for most of the month, so the impetus lies with us to practice. We found N some drum sticks, and a strap for him though I stupidly forgot one for her, not realizing of course that the one we bought was smaller than the one we have. Oh well, back to the store.

We are currently under siege with summer camp options, and it's a little crazy. I'd love for A&N to go to them all, but it's a little ridiculous, and they are long days during the peak of summer heat. I'm sure they'd love them, but would be overwhelmed with so much scheduling. We'll see, though the survival camp sounds cool.

I've been feeling a little blue (what the heck else is new?) over the realization that we still haven't found the friend-answer for A. T is a good friend, but again, they are not a perfect fit. They have fun and enjoy each other's company, but somehow I think they are operating on different planes. I can see it when they play, and I know I'm reading too much into it, just let things be as they are, but it's just not so easy for me.

Old Home Day is a day or two away and people are flaking out but nobody seems to be stressing over it, which is very informative because in the end, is it such a big deal? I'm struck by how fly by the seat of your pants everything is, and will say that things really won't get done this way, but it makes it more relaxed, and maybe that's the way it should be.

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: