Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Drum Parts

N’s drum teacher lent us a drum set for him to practice on, and I’m not clear what sort of time frame we’re talking about, but it’s not unthinkable that he can hold onto it for awhile. I hope so, because I think it inspires him a bit. Plus, how cool is it to have a drum set in your room? Who cares if it’s missing parts?

Actually, it’s sort of an issue. There are no cymbals and no bass pedal, so of course I made it my new mission to find these parts. I happened upon a drum set at the Listen Center and inquired about just purchasing the pedal. They were a bit reluctant breaking up the set, and asked me how much I was willing to spend, which strikes me as a loaded question. They also asked how much they actually cost, for which I had no answer, and finally offered them $10. They agreed, and now we are one step closer to drum nirvana.

N informed me that we still need cymbals, which I figured we had, but incorrectly so. Had I known, I would have tried to have procured them along with the bass pedal. Oh well, the search continues.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Well Oiled Machines for the pic.

No comments: