Thursday, February 28, 2013

Still Coughing After All These Years

I’m going on week 6 of this cough, I kid you not, though I do think things are a little better. I could be fooling myself, but at this point, you have to grab onto anything you can get. I remember the date of my illness, it all started on 1/19, because that was the day I had to take A to her game in Northfield and then jet over to N’s game in Rutland. What a brutal day.

Anyway, people are starting to look at me like I’m a leper, and not just because I look like one. Whenever I’m around, I’m coughing my lungs out, and then it dawns on them that I sure have been coughing a lot, and for a long time. They all me with suspicion, and the look on their face screams, “Get the $#&*$ away from me.” I can’t say I blame them.

At some point you have to remind yourself that self-pity just gets you nowhere, so you just have to deal with your life. In this case, I have little choice since I’m the domestic diva in this household, and I’m currently riding solo. Also, I missed hockey last week, so I played this week, and it wasn’t so bad. I was hacking on the bench, and one of my teammates asked me how I did without supplemental oxygen. Very funny.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to belard for the pic.

No comments: