Thursday, February 28, 2013

The Irony of it All

I’ve mentioned before that we are on the downward slope of the hockey season and there is light at the end of the tunnel, but if you can believe it, things are actually heating up. It’s all these darn tournaments, they just never end. I enjoy hockey and am glad that the kids are loving it, but it would be more fun without all this intense competition and preparation. It really becomes about winning, and believe me, it can stress you out.

On that note, we have two tournaments coming up this weekend. Every parent around me is talking about how they are relieved that the season is finally over, and I share this sentiment, though maybe not in the same sense. It’s been a tough year, very busy, and I would like to see an end to all the commitment and just have fun on the ice. I say this because while the season may be ending, hockey is by no means over. We have spring hockey coming up, not to mention skills camps. This should be interesting.

Of course it begs the question, “What exactly have I gotten myself into?” Then again, what else is new?

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: