Saturday, May 31, 2014

There's No Place Like Home

Yesterday we picked the kids up from camp and we are once again reunited. They had a blast and could have stayed longer, and might even be a little disappointed to be back home. I'm glad for that, it means they had fun and are comfortable being away from mom and dad for an extended period. Also, how can you blame them? Camp seems like such a blast. I never went away to camp, even though I longed to and it wasn't until college that I actually knew what it was like to function outside of the home, which in my opinion is way too late.

Either way, the kids said they loved it and can't wait until next year, though last year I was unsure about how much N loved it. A went hog wild for the camping experience, as I thought she would. It just fits who she is, very sociable and independent. The idea of being with a group of kids her age for a week sans parents is right up her alley. N, on the other hand, is more reserved, plus he's younger. I mentioned previously that I was a little surprised (pleasantly surprised) that he wanted to go back, and this time around, I could tell he was into it. All he and his sister talked about was camp, and how much they look forward to it next time.

I'm glad he enjoyed it, because I think it's a great experience, not to mention loads of fun. His experience is so much different than hers, which is to be expected, but in the end, as long as they're safe and having a good time, that's all that matters. Now they're back and we can return to our normal routines, whatever that means. It's nice to see them again, R and I both missed them and enjoy their company. Plus, at some point, they are going to set off on their own lives and in many instances, we won't be invited to the party, so we have to enjoy while we can.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Sasha for the pic.

No comments: