Sunday, May 31, 2015

Almost Got A Bike

My good friend DB is selling his mountain bike, and I'm in desperate need of an upgrade because my bike is not only old, but it's technically way too primitive. The technology today is more advanced and while I don't need a high tech machine, something a little more advanced than what I have would be nice. Now that N has his new bike, I am actually having trouble keeping up with him, and once we hit the trails, I know he's going to be eating his dust.

Anyway, DB got a spiffy new ride and was willing to sell me his for next to nothing because he's just that kind of guy. The only problem is DB is one tall puppy dog, en par with the Amazing PR Man, and realistically anything he rode would be way too big for my diminutive self. He said the bike was small for him, so I thought I'd at least give it a try, though sure enough, the darn thing was too big. What a total bummer. I toyed with the idea of getting it anyway, but then decided against it. Talk about disappointment.

For now I stick with my old bike, though it's hard to negotiate trails and bumps with wheels made of stone, but a real man in training doesn't whine about things like this, does he?


Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Peter B Meyer for the pic.

No comments: