Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Back Again

This seems to be an annual thing, but I managed to hurt my back once again. This all stems from a bad injury I experienced three years ago that put me in traction. I'd never experienced pain like that before, and it seems like it comes back to haunt me every year. Last year at some point I tweaked my back and suffered accordingly, though not as bad as the prior year. This time around I was splitting wood and the maul got stuck in the wood. As I tried to yank it free, I could feel something go wrong in my back and sure enough, the pain had returned. I have trouble straightening my back, so laying down flat is difficult. Sneezing and coughing are a nightmare, and it's hay fever season, so you can imagine how much fun I'm having with that.

Talk about a total bummer, though if you had to look at the bright side, and we are always searching for that bright side, it's that life is fairly calm right now, and at least there is no hockey. Spring has just sprung, the snow has just melted, and there's still a lot of time to get things done, so if there was ever a good time to get hurt, it would be now.

Or better yet, don't get hurt at all. What a novel concept. At least I can sleep, and it sure makes a big difference sleeping in a comfortable bed. Funny how that works.


Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to supulido62 for the pic.

No comments: