Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Old, Tired, and Creaky

This is sort of counter-intuitive (at least to me) but I've noticed I get a lot more exercise in the winter than in the summer. This was not always the case back when we were playing ultimate and riding trails on our bikes, but UF is a thing of the past and we aren't riding the trails as much. I have, however, started playing more hockey, and thus am more active in the winter months. Funny how that works.

Once hockey season ended, I was pretty sedentary until work at the Inn started up again and the snow melted so I could do some yard work. Well, in the past month the circumstances have allowed those two activities to clear waivers and I've jumped in with both feet. As a consequence, however, my body suffered accordingly. I realize I'm getting old and I can't shake it like I used to, but I don't recall feeling this creaky last year. On a bright note, it's a good sort of pain, more like the soreness you get from a good workout. I also haven't forgotten that over the past 4-5 years I've lived with chronic pain, which is oddly enough, easily forgotten once it goes away.

Anyway, after a few weeks of sedentary behavior, work has been busy and I've been toiling away on the woodpile and doing all sorts of yard work. It feels good to be exercising again, and hopefully once I get back in shape, the aches and pains will be less acute. Then again, who am I trying to kid?


Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Active Care Atlanta for the pic.

No comments: