Thursday, May 11, 2017

Ready for Wood

It's been a cool, if not cold, spring and as a result, we have yet to really stop burning wood. Consequently, the wood pile is diminishing and as it does, my heart aches. Why are we burning so much wood this winter? I have no clue, but I do know that I'm fired up (no pun intended) to start cutting, splitting, and stacking wood to rebuild the pile. We have a fair number of logs left over from last winter which I'm ready to start blocking up, and I'm ready to take delivery on our next load. I think it would be best if I could cut up the remaining logs and leave some space for the next delivery, but that would mean getting the chainsaw up and running and for it to stop raining. I can take care of the former, but the latter is beyond my control.

I am in touch with my logger and he said he could take care of me some time this month, so we'll see. He happens to be a friend and neighbor, so that eases my mind a bit... but only a bit. In the meantime I am going to be laser focused on getting this year's pile back in order. Once that's done, I can give some thought to year 2, but one thing at a time, right?

-->
Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to Amy for the pic.

No comments: