Friday, May 12, 2017

Spring Cleaning

In a necessary and symbolic gesture, I washed all of our hockey gear and put it away until next winter. I still find it amazing that hockey gear is washable. I've found it very effective to simply toss everything (everything that smells, that is) into a large front loading washer and let it rip. It comes out smelling fresh like a spring day, I kid you not. As I mentioned, it works for everything that smells, including shoulder and elbow pads, jerseys, shin guards, and of course, the dreaded gloves. In addition to removing the smell, washing removed a (sort of) nasty stain on my should pads, which I didn't think would go away. Boy was I relieved.

Anyway, with this being our last year in this organization, it was fitting to wash away the dirt, grime, and sins of hockey and get a fresh start. Mind you, I don't think we're going into a perfect situation, not by a long shot, but our time in Eden is done and it's time to move on. Next season should be interesting, to say the least.

-->
Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to Janet Ulliott for the pic.

No comments: