Monday, May 1, 2017

Traveling Man

Pardon my absence but I've been on the road for the past couple of weeks. We had a nice family vacation in New Jersey (of all places) and then I had to fly out to LA to help out my mom, if you can believe that. All in all it made for a busy and more than crazy couple of weeks, especially my time in LA.

We wanted to have a break together as a family and mom wanted to do something warm. We originally wanted to rent a house on the Cape but we were hoping for something a little warmer and we didn't have time to go the whole week because I had to head out to LA, so we shifted our plans and ended up going to New Jersey for a few days. We figured it wasn't too far away but a little more south and hopefully warmer. Believe it or not, Jersey has some nice beaches, though it has some ugly ones, too. More on this later.

We had a nice time, a lot nicer than I anticipated, and we came home and then I had to pack up and fly to LA to help my mom, who was having knee replacement surgery. The timing wasn't great but I felt I had to go. I hated leaving mom and the kids at this busy time, but they managed just fine without me. My trip to California went well, saw my mom and brother and helped out a lot. I also saw some old friends and was reminded how much I don't like LA, but that's just me.

The trip to and from LA was fraught with complications and challenges, but I won't get too much into that right now (later, on the other hand... ), but suffice it to say that I sure am glad to be home, where I feel I belong. I missed my family and feel totally out of place when I'm not there for them. Now that I'm back things are busy as ever, but all in a good way. More on my trips later.

-->
Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to Susanto for the pic.

No comments: