Monday, June 5, 2017

Bionic Laptop

As much as it was a bummer that my computer crashed, it's helpful to look at the bright side of things, and in this case, there is a pretty good one. Even though I had to replace my old hard drive and ended up losing a lot of software and other various memory consuming applications, not to mention a fair amount of data, my computer runs much faster and smoother. The difference is striking, so much so that even N commented on it.

Part of the reason is because I now have a solid state drive (SSD), but I'm sure it's also due to all that memory and HD space that has been freed up. Losing data is a bummer but I did fortuitously manage to back it all up in April, so it's not all bad. I also have various bits of information stored in other places, so I can retrieve them at a later date. Namely pictures and music.

One thing this whole experience has taught me is that it's important to regularly back up your stuff. I am also toying with the idea of employing the “Cloud,” but first I have to figure out what exactly that is.

-->
Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to Mali Mish for the pic.

No comments: