Monday, June 5, 2017

Rebuilding

I am in the process of rebuilding the woodpile and am still blown away by how much wood we burned last winter. It wasn't even that cold, and yet we dipped into at least 25-30% of next year's wood. Total bummer. As of this writing, we're still burning a little wood in the AM, and I'm not sure when it will end. On a bright note, we have plenty of wood to split; more than enough to replenish this year's wood, and maybe make a dent in next year's pile.

I began in earnest as soon as the snow melted, and while the weather has been a bit of a bummer with all the rain, the cooler temps make cutting, splitting, and stacking a bit more tolerable. Having the kids pitch in helps a lot, as well. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks we'll at least have it done. Then I can focus on other more important matters, like my tan.

Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to kosufer for the pic.
-->

No comments: