Friday, June 9, 2017

Good Timing

This weather has been a little nuts and I can't say that I'm so thrilled with it. Don't get me wrong, I can appreciate the cooler temps, and I'm glad it's not scalding hot outside, but it just seems like it's been raining non-stop for days. Probably because it's been raining non-stop for days. Judging from the past, it's not that unusual. I recall when we first moved here that it seemed to have rained all of June, but somehow I just never get used to it. Also, when we did the market, it seemed to rain every Wednesday when we were out there (thank goodness we're done with that).

Anyway, last week I was going to mow the lawn when I saw that the forecast called for rain all day. I was bummed but figured there was nothing I could really do about it. When I woke up that morning, it was cloudy and sure as heck looked like it was going to rain at any moment, but hadn't yet. Now normally I would have just sat there and stewed in my bitterness about the weather, but since it was yet raining, I decided to give it a go. I figured I could just stop if the skies opened up.

Well, if you can believe this, I managed to get about 3 hours of mowing in. N had done the backyard, so once I was finished the lawn was done. I couldn't believe it, I was so stoked. Plus, within a an hour after finishing, the rains came. Talk about timing. I didn't mind since the grass was nicely coifed. If anything I was happy for it.

Now it's been raining for what seems like a week straight. Since the grass grows so fast this time of year, it's getting to be that time again. Then again, I knew this day would come, didn't I?

-->
Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to charlesnevers for the pic.

No comments: