Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Dental Woes

This is a bummer, to say the least, but it appears that I'll be needing some rather involved dental work done, namely a root canal. I can't think of too many things in life that elicit the dread that a root canal does, and for good reason. I had a root canal done when I was a little kid. I must have been about 8 or 9 years old, I can't even recall, but it was a pretty miserable experience. In retrospect, I'm not even sure why you'd have a root canal done on a primary tooth, but times were different back then, right?

Needless to say I'm not jumping for joy to move ahead, but move ahead I must. I've been assigned an expert in root canal procedures, better known as an endodontist. I was under the assumption that your dentist just went in and drilled out the nerve, but clearly I was wrong. Personally I figured they could just pull the darn tooth out, it's in reasonably poor shape, but the goal here is to save as many teeth as possible, right? This becomes more relevant as you get older, when everything starts either falling out or falling apart.


Oh well, we'll see where this one goes. Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to Joel S for the pic.

No comments: