Thursday, December 12, 2013

Still Hope for the Woodpile

About two weeks back I figured there was still hope to get some of the woodpile done, so with that in mind, I set about with one goal in mind - move enough wood blocks to the splitting area so that over the course of the winter I can split and stack them. I wanted to do move 10 loads in the morning and 10 loads in the evening, but of course that was being too ambitious, and I only managed 10 a day, but that seemed to be enough. I now have about 3-4 cords of wood where I want it to be.

My big concern was that once the snow arrived, I couldn’t really move the stuff with a wheelbarrow, it’s just too slippery. Plus, the wood freezes into one big mound and I can’t really deal with it until Spring. This is no longer a concern, and I’m now all set up to start splitting. Now if I could just find the time.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to David Adams for the pic.

No comments: