Monday, November 10, 2014

Playing Doctor

We had to switch roles at the hospital the other day and I have to confess, it wasn't easy. The role we had was to be a jerk doctor to the students, and while I thought it would be fairly straightforward, I struggled a bit with it. It's not easy being mean, at least not when I don't feel mean naturally. Does that make sense? I can be short, curt, and a jerk when the situation presents itself because I've done it enough, just ask my kids, but it usually stems from being stressed, and unless I'm stressed, I'm just not feeling it.

Fortunately the roles are short and they've built in a fail-safe device to get out if you need it, but I'm still a little uncomfortable with it. I guess that's why I'm not in Hollywood.


Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Ivan Cofre de la Torre for the pic.

No comments: