Wednesday, November 5, 2014

More Insulation

Moving to the inside of the barn, there is a bit of insulation that needs to be installed, followed by more insulation. I am in the process of stapling in the fiberglass, which is a bigger job than I thought it would be. I figured it would be a breeze since all your doing is stapling, but the sheets of insulation are 8 feet long and unwieldy, not to mention a little toxic with all that fiberglass dust. To add to the fun, the ceiling joists on the second floor reach all the way to the floor, so I have to lay on my back to install the insulation at that juncture, all along both sides of the house. We're talking a lot of insulation. Why did that barn have to be so big? Things would be so much easier if it was half the size.

Okay, enough whining. I am moving along and had to get more insulation, which I'll buy as I use it up. I can only fit a few of the bundles in the car, anyway, and this way I won't over-purchase. I did learn that the insulation is cheaper, I believe, at Home Depot, so that was a revelation. Always learning something new, right? That's the goal, I believe.


Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Jude Hill for the pic.

No comments: