Thursday, November 5, 2015

Daylight Savings

Last weekend marked the end of daylight savings time, and with all that's going on, it completely slipped my mind. This could potentially be a disaster except that this time around the time change was more forgiving because the clocks were turned back instead of forward. This meant that if you were clueless like me, you woke up too early instead of too late, which is a good thing depending on your POV.

Of course there's a story to go along with this. I was working late the night before and had to bail out on my compatriots because I knew I had to do the early AM shift the next day. By early I mean I had to leave around 11:00PM. I think the other guys stayed until after 2:30AM, which would never have worked for me. I came home and hung out for a bit with mom and then we went to bed. I woke up at what I thought was about 5:30AM, came downstairs and got the fire going, and when I booted up my computer, it reminded me that the clocks were changed. I couldn't believe it, I could've slept another hour. Total bummer. By that time the day was set in motion and I had to leave around 6:45, so there was no turning back.

Luckily I only had to work until 12:00PM, then I jetted off to the rink for N's game, which they dominated. As an added bonus, I got the night off, which is becoming a rarity in my life, and for the record, I'm not so keen on this development.


Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Petit Details for the pic.

No comments: