Thursday, November 12, 2015

Finding Good Help

With so much going on in our lives, I've been pushed to the limit in terms of how much I can get done within any given day. I am moving constantly and still can't manage, which is putting it lightly. Needless to say, dad needs a little help. Enter the kids, who are not only willing to help and have some time on their hands, but they are very competent, as well. I've been employing them to help me with various errands around the house, and it's been working out beautifully. This includes basic domestic chores like making meals, washing dishes, and cleaning up, but also larger tasks like raking leaves and stacking firewood. Both A&N (though mostly N because he gets a huge kick out of it) have been helping me split firewood with the splitter, which entails operating the splitter while I haul blocks onto it. It is an amazing amount of help just having someone working the machine.

As I mentioned, the kids are willing participants and they do a good job. They are conscientious and are not in a rush to get it done and over with, unlike yours truly, and it really makes the job go by more quickly. I can even turn my attention to other things while they do theirs, and then life is really good because more gets done. I love when that happens.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to iakona75 for the pic.

No comments: