Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Feed Them and They Will Grow

The thing you realize about being a parent is that when you feed your kids, they seem to grow. Funny how that works, isn't it? Now A hit her growth spurt a year or two back and people flipped out on how tall she shot up, and I think N will eventually reach that stage, as well. In the meantime he is starting to outgrow certain items, including hockey gear and ski equipment. This means that I'm going to have to upgrade his gear on different fronts, which will probably hit me a little hard in the pocket book. Not the most welcome situation for a SAHD, but at least I've been working side jobs to make some extra bucks. Mind you, I'm not complaining, every parent loves to see their kids grow, and if anything, the timing of my newfound employment worked out well because it means I just might be able to pull off this financial miracle without ruffling too many feathers.

Did I mention also that the kids were interested in getting a drum set? Looks like I'll be spending a few extra hours down in the salt mines.


Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to Sander van der Wel for the pic.

No comments: