Thursday, November 17, 2016

Ski Instructor

Ski season seems like a long ways off, mainly because it's so darn warm, but when it does finally snow, we are hoping to get some serious skiing done. N has also expressed an interest (willingness?) to take part in an apprentice ski instructor program. I'm not sure what the end goal is but he said he would be into it, or rather that he wouldn't abhor the idea. I think it would be a good way to teach some responsibility and he might have fun doing it. He loves to ski, after all, the truth of the matter is, he isn't completely responsible for overseeing the kids. He is just helping out the adult ski instructors.

I've seen N show interest in other activities in this capacity, namely hockey. Way back when I stood in for the Squirt hockey coach and asked N to help me out. He relished the position of being an assistant coach and he definitely helped me out. More importantly, he showed a lot of maturity in being willing to help me and work with the little kids. Not every pre-teen would be into this. The ski program might be a similar thing, and with a little luck he'll be surrounded by a bunch of ski babes who fall for his good looks, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

One thing that might help (or make it worse) is that I am required to be a volunteer, as well, so I'll be there. I think he has mixed feelings about this, and may even prefer that I am not around. I'm pretty good at making myself absent, so this won't be a problem.

-->
Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to European Snowsport for the pic.

No comments: