Monday, November 21, 2016

Who Do You Believe?

I try not to get too into political discourse on this blog, though I failed miserably at this after the election, but I'm amazed about the news lately, or rather, the lack of objective, trustworthy news. The internet is an amazingly useful platform for opinions and information, but it seems to me that it has really become vehicle for various groups, both left and right, to put out false information and sell it as real news. Once it gets picked up and goes viral, it's pretty much ensconced (fancy liberal educated word) in the public consciousness and taken for truth. This happened repeatedly during the election and it's happening now that the election is over.

I for one think it's a total bummer because I don't really know what to believe anymore. Or more to the point, like everyone else, I will simply seek out what I want to believe and take it as fact. The internet and technology in general really are double edged swords.

-->
Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Valerie Everett for the pic.

No comments: