Friday, November 24, 2017

Friends Down South

N has a new friend that lives a bit south of here, and when I say a bit, I mean about an hour drive away. Also, when I mean friend, I could mean more than that, but who am I to say?

Either way, the distance is an issue, but not an insurmountable one. We've made the trip a few times, and the whole family is very nice. They live near a big city (Concord), bigger than our own “big city,” so there's lots of stuff to do down there. It's actually the state capital (NH). Plus, if you can believe this, certain aspects of our lives actually place down there, including surfing (we pass through Concord en route to the beach), one of A's bands (the singer lives down there), and of course, hockey. Sure, it's not ideal, but all things considered, it's not so bad. I figure that as long as he's into it, we'll work towards finding a way to make it work.

At the very least, it's another good motivating force to get us to hit the waves, and you have to love when that happens.

-->
Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Patrick Bergeron for the pic.

No comments: