Monday, November 20, 2017

Making the Switch

In the words of Oscar Wilde, the best way to deal with temptation is to succumb to it. With this in mind, I took the leap and upgraded my smartphone, though upgrade should be taken with a grain of salt. I really liked my first phone, a Motorola, though it suffered (or rather, I suffered) from having too little storage. As a result, it couldn't hold too many apps and seemed to always be at capacity. This, despite the fact that I rarely downloaded apps and didn't take too many pictures. Otherwise, l liked the phone and its graphic interphase, and it was solid and looked good, but it only had (you're going to laugh) 3GB of storage. I guess you can't be too picky for a $39 phone.

In the quest for more storage, and thus more apps, I got an LG smartphone, which has a whopping 8GB of storage. This is paltry compared to modern smartphones like my daughters, but for me it is plenty. And, unlike my older Motorola, my LG has a selfie camera because I'm a selfie maniac, and it has a flashlight, which the Motorola did not have. Either way, it's a more up-to-date phone, but interestingly enough, it was actually cheaper than the Motorola. I don't get how all the pricing works, but the cost of smartphones, if you don't want the top of the line, can be very affordable.

So now I have a phone that has a light, can take selfies, and has enough storage so that I can download apps to my hearts content. What more could I ask for, other than maybe a smartphone that costs $50?

-->
Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Karlis Dambrans for the pic.

No comments: