Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Switching Hands

Cementing his genius status, N had a brilliant idea that had me scratching my head and asking the age-old question, why didn't I think of that? I recently had a bout with what I believe was poison ivy on my left wrist - boy, there's always something wrong with me, isn't there? I have no clue where I contracted it, but it was probably from lifting the firewood blocks just before splitting them, and you just never know what's growing on that wood. The situation wasn't horrible, just annoying, and what made it worse was that it was on my watch hand. Every time I wore it, it would rub on the irritated skin and make it itch. It was driving me crazy.

Of course, not being one to suffer in silence, I was complaining about my malady to my kids when N said to just wear my watch on my other hand. Whaaat? I practically knocked myself out slapping my forehead and saying, “Why didn't I think of that?”

It just goes to show you, you're never too old to learn, or in my case, when you're at the bottom of the intellectual ladder, you got nowhere else to go but up.

-->
Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Ricardo Reis for the pic.

No comments: