Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Surfing Reflections

I hate to admit this but I think we're done with surfing this year. It's just getting too cold, and being the softie that I am, the idea of getting out of the cold ocean water into the colder air just has no appeal to me. Maybe one day I'll be tougher, but I seriously doubt that. I know plenty of people who surf year-round, but clearly they are more of a man (or woman) than me.

Despite the disappointment of the surfing season coming to an end, I have to say that it was a good year, simply by virtue of the fact that we went and did it. As was meticulously described in this blog, this was no easy feat because it required getting wetsuits, booties, and eventually gloves, and of course, surfboards... for three people. Then, the hardest part, was just motivating to get into the car and hitting the beach. I'm happy to say that we not only did it, but weren't completely discouraged and are on our way to the surfing life. I give the kids credit for sticking with it, because it ain't easy. Then again, with greater challenge comes greater reward.

I think we all have a ways to go before we shred, but we are definitely on that path. As I've mentioned in the past, it makes for a more enjoyable summer, and dare I say that I'm actually looking forward to what was in the past my least favorite season.

-->
Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to Bengt Holm for the pic.

No comments: