Thursday, October 22, 2009

Back in the Fray

So I know I've been AWOL, but I've fallen into biting off more than I can chew once again. But that's the price you pay when you live a fabulously luxurious life like we do. There's no free lunch in this town. As I may have mentioned before, we got these cool science kits for kids, which BTW were a huge hit in this house, but they came with a cost-I have to write a review for them. Not a problem under normal circumstances, but these are hardly normal circumstances.

First off, there are the everyday issues of feeding and cleaning, which is a full time job in and of itself. But on top of that, I have to write this darn piece for our Africa charity, though I'm probably about 75% done with that. They're not paying me, so they aren't pressing me too hard. There's also the issue of building a house, which is probably about 0.001% completed. Then again, that's 0.001% more than last week, but more on that at the other blog. Then there's the effort to generate income by blogging on the other sites, which has taken a backseat, and then there's my personal blogs, which I personally enjoy the most, but make me zero income.

And, we are having company this weekend, so there is a mad scramble to shove as much stuff as we can fit into the hall closet before they arrive... just kidding. We are thrilled to pieces that R's family is coming, but it goes without saying that some degree of preparation will be required.

Then again, we enjoy doing things the hard way. So much so that we named a blog after it.

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: