Sunday, February 9, 2014

Free Magazines

I found a way to save money on magazines while not only reading them, but reading more of them - the library. I knew this all along, but never really took full advantage of it. Our local library tends to turn over some of favorites pretty regularly, including the New Yorker and the Atlantic, and I find them all the time in the recycling bin. Plus, you can check out the issue that came out previous to the current issue, so you read the stuff a week late, but that’s not a problem, especially with a magazine like the New Yorker or the Atlantic. Even news magazines like Time are fine a week late, I have no problem with it.

This has been working out beautifully because I come home with an armful of them and have tons or reading material. Most of them, with the exception of the New Yorker and Atlantic, I can read in a couple of hours, then take them back. We save money and there’s less waste. I love when that happens.


Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Patricia Meyer for the pic.

No comments: