Thursday, February 27, 2014

Hitting a Writing Wall

Nobody said this was going to be easy, but I didn’t really see this sort of complication coming about. I write for a parenting blog that doesn’t pay a lot but will usually take whatever I submit. In the past I wrote sparingly because I usually focused on other things, but when my financial circumstance became anemic, I figured I could just up my production for the parenting site. They tended to take most, if not all, of what I wrote. I just didn’t write a whole lot.

I started writing like crazy and my increased output just happen to coincide with all the other writers ramping up their work, as well. Now the editor has informed me that she’s inundated with material and can’t take it all. What a bummer.

Personally I think this is a test of my resolve. Someone is trying to tell me to stop looking for the quick and easy fix and get my glorious freelance career on track. I want to take the easy path, but forces are conspiring against me. Looks like I’m going to have to do something with my life.


Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to bernhard.grau for the pic.

No comments: