Sunday, February 9, 2014

Snowball Effect

We had a pretty impressive snowstorm last week, and it sort of disrupted our plans, but not completely. We must have received a foot of snow, which is great when you consider that it’s been a pretty disappointing winter so far. We had some snow early on, and then nothing. On a bright note, we’ve saved a ton of money on snowplowing costs, so we can save up for that tractor we’ve always dreamed about... yeah, right.

The forecast called for a big storm mid-week, and sure enough, the snow came. It was really cool because it snowed all day and night. School was cancelled but not hockey. N had practice in the evening, and the right after I had a game, so the kids were forced to stay and watch, which I’m sure bored them to death. We got home later than I expected, and they were tired and hungry, but fortunately R stayed home and prepared supper, so we had a hot meal and warm fire waiting for us.

One negative consequence of the storm was that a limited number of people showed up for practice, including my friend who said he’d bring me some ski passes. I was looking forward to this because the conditions are really nice, and we’d love to hit the slopes. Oh well, these things happen. If I’m really lucky, he will remember the next time I see him. If not, then that’s just how it was meant to be. Bummer, right?


Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Sami AlBanna for the pic.


No comments: