Thursday, February 6, 2014

Tiki Torch and Busy Saturday

Last week we had quite a day on Saturday, culminating in the Tiki Torch Trek, which is a family favorite. Both A and N had consecutive hockey games, which I helped coach and R took pics of. Then we stayed for the older kids game so R could take more pics. After that, we headed over to the big city to watch the movie premier of the Lego Movie at Dartmouth. I had packed a lunch and we ate in the car on the ride over.

We got to Hanover early, so we hung out at the library for about an hour. During this time I jetted over to Sterns to get veggies and then Price Chopper for other essentials, then stopped at Stateline to get my skates sharpened. Of course, I forgot to pick up my skates and had to go back, but that’s another story. Back in the big city, we took the kids to the movie and then R and I went to grab a bite to eat at Boloco, but since I forgot my skates, I went back to Stateline while R at her salad and we met up at the bookstore.

We relaxed for a bit then picked up the kids, only to jet back in time for the Tiki Torch Trek. The weather was good, but not great. We were planning on feasting at the party, but we got there a little late and the food was running out. I managed to scarf down a couple of roast beef wraps and a bowl of clam chowder, but I wanted more! The sweets were running low, as well, and we donated several baked items, none of which we got to eat.

Oh well, we took one for the good of the community, and that’s fine by me. The Trek was fun, we saw several of our hockey and neighbor friends, so it was really nice. Then we got home and went straight to be so we could be ready for the next day of hockey. What else is new?


Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to s.v.ceceline for the pic.

No comments: