Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Happy St. Patrick's Day

We had a nice St. Patty's Day, and hope that all of you did as well. At first we weren't really going to do much, and I had completely forgotten that it was on the way, though I should have clued in when cabbage was on sale. I was at the store on Saturday and saw that corned beef was on sale. Normally we either buy the uncured or have even made our own, but since it was practically the zero hour, I bought the industrial processed version. I have to confess, all those chemicals do weird me out a bit.

Anyway, with corned beef in hand, we had the makings of a St. Patty's Day meal. The kids actually got into it and fixed up the table in anticipation of mom's arrival. A dressed up in a lovely green dress, and N wore his big St. Patrick's Day top-hat. I even put on a green t-shirt and went out and got beer (non-alcoholic) and something bubbly for the kids, if you can believe that.

The corned beef was good, marbled and a little fatty, just the way we like it. Corned beef is a family favorite and is so easy to make, though it's a lot of meat for a family that is reducing their meat consumption. Oh well, sometimes you have to fall off the wagon, and the kids need protein, right?


Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to sweetsnsuch for the pic.

No comments: