Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Shoveling to China


Don’t get me wrong, I love the snow, but shoveling the stuff can definitely affect your POV on the matter. I actually don’t mind shoveling, but sometimes when it’s 3 feet deep, it can be a chore. This becomes exponentially so when it’s at night in a snowstorm. This was the case a few days ago.

The problem was, and usually is, hockey. We had a busy day of hockey and had to hit the road. Our plow-man took care of the driveway, but we had to clear out the cars pronto. I went to work and got the cars cleaned up and ready, and then we were off. We spent the day on the road and didn’t get home until the evening, which is usually not a huge deal, except that our wood box was empty, and it was cold.

Since it was getting dark, I had to strap on a head lamp and shovel a path to the wood in order to get it to the house. Then I had to shovel a path to the compost bin in order to dump our overflowing compost pan. By the end of it, I was ready for a Lowenbrau.

I still love the snow, and even don’t mind the cold weather, but it might be more tolerable if the snow came down just one foot at a time.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Emma Gawen for the pic.

No comments: