Thursday, March 20, 2014

Snowing, Again!

I can't believe it, but we got hit with more snow. It wasn't just a dusting, either, more like 4-5 inches. What exactly is going on here? Now I have to go shovel the path, and it's wet, icy snow. Total bummer. One of the projects that I want to get started on is getting next year's firewood ready. I have a couple cords cut into blocks and ready to be split, except they're under a foot of snow. I have a few more cords of log length that need to be cut, but again, the logs are under at least two feet of snow.

The problem is, I can cut the logs, but I can't transport them to the splitting area until mud season is over. Also, I can't order more logs until I finish cutting the leftovers from last season. Oh well, that's life in New England. I am looking forward to some warmer weather, or at least something where I don't have to break my back shoveling. Then again, that's what helps me burn off all those calories, right? And if it's not shoveling, it's some other back-breaking endeavor, so I should just stop complaining... yeah, right.

Until the next time, thanks for reading.


No comments: