Monday, August 4, 2014

Almost Dormer-Done

That's one dormer, mind you. I finally got the trim done on one of the dormers, which means that after a little painting, I can move on to the next one. It's only taken me 2 months. How's that for warp speed? I think the next one will go more smoothly because I learned a lot the first time around.

In my defense, it's hard to get anything done in 1 hour shifts. It takes 10 mins just to set up and break down, so I'm already behind before I even get started. If we were out in California, I could just leave all my tools out and just hit the ground running the next day, but here in New England, you just never know what kind of weather you're going to get. Plus, it's hard working on the roof when you're balancing on a ladder and the metal roofing is hot as a frying pan and wasps are hovering about you in swarms.

Okay, enough of my excuses. Time to do real man's work.


Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Al Meakin for the pic.

No comments: