Friday, July 29, 2016

Free Upgrade

As anyone who knows me will attest to, I sure do love me a good deal, especially the ones that are free. Most of us know that high tech improvements can be expensive, especially when you deal with the brand Apple. Even though I have an old computer, ancient even by modern standards, doing various upgrades still costs some money in terms of parts and service. There's something about Apple products that just cost more, and you know how I feel about spending money on myself. I don't mind spending it on the kids, but for myself, if I can get by with the bare minimum, why not? Such is the martyred life of a parent. Besides, all I really do is do word processing.

As I mentioned, my computer is on the old side and it runs pretty smoothly. I'm reminded of this fact every day because I use my computer all the time, and whenever my kids want to use it they comment on how slow the thing is. Then again, why don't they just use their own darn computers? For whatever reason my computer has become the de facto movie-watching unit.

I upgraded the kids' computers a few months back because they are using more state-of-art features that require lots of memory and speed. They both noticed the difference, and I toyed with getting more memory for my computer, but then thought that maybe I could just use the old memory from their computers on mine. Since my computer is so crusty, using my kids' old memory is upgrade from what I have. So I took my computer and the memory into the computer store and the guy installed it and it worked. Best of all, he didn't charge me for his time, he was cool about it because in reality it's a pretty simple process, they just scare you into thinking you can't do it yourself. Now I've got double the memory, I was able to recycle the old memory, and it cost me nothing. Don't you just love when that happens? I sure do.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Seb Lee-Delisle for the pic.

No comments: