Sunday, July 10, 2016

No Rain

With the exception of this weekend, it's been a pretty dry summer, and when I say dry, I mean dry and hot. In all fairness the heat has not been miserably constant, and we've had some nice breaks in the heat, but the lack of rain has been taking its toll. I've heard this sentiment from people who have gardens, which this year (thankfully) excludes us. That is not to say that we have not been affected by the dry weather.

In fact, it's forced us to deal with some things that we've managed to ignore in the past. In addition to our high maintenance blueberry plants, we have several shrubs and bushes that have not required much in the way of maintenance and suddenly we're having to prune and water them. Funny how that works. I think certain trees suffer, as well, but they are a little hardier than some of the smaller shrubs.

Even though it's a bit more responsibility in a our already busy lives, I rather enjoy taking care of the plants. There's something satisfying about giving them a good drink, maybe because I enjoy a cold beverage myself whenever the opportunity presents itself.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Phil Jackson for the pic.

No comments: