Sunday, July 31, 2016

Living in Harmony

Maybe I just need to lighten up and live in harmony with this squirrel. It seems like every effort I make to prevent him from devouring the bird seeds is thwarted by the bionic gerbil, so maybe I just need to go with it. In fact, the other day I just left a small container of seeds on the ground near the tree and lo and behold, everyone was happy. It was like a scene out of a Disney movie with all the little woodland creatures living the dream. In the end I don't mind the squirrels eating some seeds, it's just that they're so darn greedy and deny them from the birds. If they have their own stash, then it all works out beautifully, right?

Actually, no. I realized a little later on that there are bear problems in this area, and several people have reported losing their bird feeders to them. I think leaving a pile on the ground for the squirrels is just asking for trouble, so I had to scratch that idea, meaning that the battle continues.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Sarah Nelson for the pic.

No comments: