Friday, January 27, 2012

Lighting a Fire

In trying to be philosophical about this whole newspaper story ordeal, I think there are many positives about how things transpired. First off, I learned a lot about who to talk to and who not to talk to, which is important when you consider that we are dealing in ideas. Secondly, as opposed to how I usually respond to such circumstances, I feel inspired to work even harder at making this work, because I feel somewhat slighted, even if this feeling is unfounded. And finally, I think we were limiting ourselves to a narrow vision that could be expanded in terms of our target venues.

With all this in mind, I feel optimistic in light of the temporary setback to our story idea. If anything, I think the story is still alive, and can be expanded and made even better. Along these lines, we might try to pitch it to a bigger and better publication, but let’s not get ahead of ourselves. One step at at time, as the saying goes. I do realize one thing, however, and that is that this stage in our lives will best be approached as a team effort, meaning that R and I will have to work together if this is going to take off. This should be good.

Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to Miguel Saavedra for the pic.

No comments: