Thursday, January 5, 2012

Watching from the Sidelines

Since our lives seem to be all about hockey, why not more? As long as N’s excited about it, I’m more than happy to oblige him. Again, he’s behind on the curve a little here, the more ice time he can get, the better. It’s always a little tougher playing catch up, but he’s getting there.

Now since I’m still in recovery, I couldn’t take part and had to watch from the sidelines. This is tough because I enjoy being on the ice, and if possible, make plays with N, even though he hates it when I meddle with his game. Plus, when you’re the only guy on the sideline, you always want to jump into the fray. Either way, I’d been told not to exert myself, so I sat this one out.

This actually worked out nicely because it gave me a chance to take lots of pics of N on the ice. We don’t really have a lot of good pictures of N on playing hockey, a fact that bothers me, though the truth is, it’s not easy taking pictures of moving objects, especially in the thick of a hockey game. Nonetheless, it’s not impossible. I also tend to be playing with him, so I can’t take pics, or I’m too busy cheering the games. Excuses, excuses. We’ve taken videos of him playing, but they are poor quality, and the still frames you get off video look terrible.

Since I was on the sideline, I could finally devote some time to pics, and it worked out. I took about 100 pictures, and some turned out nicely, though I’d like to get some of him in his game jersey. Have to work on that one.

Until then, thanks for reading.

No comments: