Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Making of a Hockey Player

Since we’ve become the hardcore hockey parents (there is no other kind), I figure I might as well get into the act, as well. I have been dabbling in adult hockey, but was never really in a position to jump in completely. That is, of course, until now. As you may know, I tend to scour the thrift stores for any piece of random equipment that may come in handy, and last week I finally scored a pair of hockey pants that fit me. Hallelujah!

I went over to Stateline and got some socks, and now I think I have everything I need to at least look like a hockey player, and that’s what it’s all about, right? I was told by one of my classmates that they have adult open stick early in the AM, and I might give it a go. Also, this past week we did homeschool hockey, and the set aside a time for the adults to play, and let me tell you, they don’t mess around. These guys are good, and the skating was tough. I was so sore afterward, I could barely walk, but was it ever fun. The games are casual, but the players don’t mess around, and I had my work cut our for me. However, I’m figuring out what I need to do, and I’m a decent learner when I put my mind to it.

This only gets better with time. That’s all we need in our lives, more hockey. Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to R Young for the pic.

No comments: