Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Dropping Off the Karate Planet

I’ve pretty much dropped out of karate, I haven’t been to class for several months, and they are planning a big black belt test which I am supposed to attend. I won’t be testing, however, because I’ve just missed too much. It is feasible for me to make up for lost time in the next month and be ready, but let’s be realistic. I haven’t been diligent in my studies, and I won’t be able to make it for the next several weeks.

I know Master H will be disappointed, but the other black belt candidates have been attending class and preparing, so it’s also not fair for me to just show up and take the test. Also, I’m required to run 5 miles for the exam, and I’m nowhere near ready for that.

I will probably attend the test to help out, however, because they will need people to spar with. There are some young guns in the class who are great students and will probably test for their black belts in the near future, so I’ll try to test with them.

I’m definitely not in karate for the belt. It’s not a means to an end, I’m just glad to be in class learning about karate, so I’m in no hurry to get my black belt. Plus, I don’t feel like a black belt, at least not yet,

We’ll see what happens next. Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to cnflikt for the pic.

No comments: