Tuesday, March 19, 2013

New Direction

My glorious writing career is taking a bit of a new direction, at least according to the powers that be. I write for a health website called Healthcare Hacks describing science news and assorted alternative medicine research. There used to be two sites, including Healthy Theory, as well as Parenting Squad.

I moved away from Healthy Theory but continued with HH, but recently they decided to change directions and do more medical tourism stuff. They mentioned this and asked if I was interested, and I said I was, even though it’s an area that I don’t have much experience in. I’ll have to do some investigative work.

This, of course, places me in the familiar position of working on something new and having no clue where to begin. My standard MO in these situations is to sit idly by and fret over my level of inaction, mainly because I feel overwhelmed when I look at a blank slate. Being the fearful, conformist individual who, like most of the population, finds it easier to either go with the crowd or be told what to do, I’m not always adept at charting my own course. It is, however, a great experience in operating outside of my comfort zone and realizing that it’s not a life or death thing. Furthermore, I can grow as an individual, especially where creative endeavors are involved, which is something I may have to become more adept at as I navigate the turbulent waters of making income to support our fabulously opulent lifestyles.

Like many things in our lives, this should be interesting. Stay tuned for more. Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to CubaGallery for the pic.

No comments: