Sunday, March 31, 2013

The Writing Life, continued

I’m going to have to pick up the pace on writing if we’re going to support our incredibly lavish lifestyles over here. That means not just in terms of output, but also in terms of opportunities, for which I’ll have to do some searching. There was a time when I could churn out an article a day, sometimes two, and make upwards of several hundred dollars, which is a lot of work, but it’s a nice way to make some bucks while being at home. The income would be comparable to a part time minimum wage job, without having to punch a timecard or show up at work.

The added advantage is that if I could get my act together, the employment prospects could grow. There are opportunities out there, it just takes some initiative, which I struggle with, and legwork, which I can do okay at. Nobody said the writing life would be easy, but easy isn’t what we’re looking for, is it?

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to jjpacres for the pic.

No comments: