Monday, August 3, 2015

Piling It Up

I don't know where I stand relative to past years, but my year 1 pile is about 90% done. Normally this would be cause for celebration but not only do I still have to do year 2, but summer is passing us by. It's practically August and it seems to me that at least one year's worth of wood should be stacked by now. Oh well, you do the best that you can, right? What kills me is that I split a massive pile of wood, it sure seemed huge to me, and it made an impact on the stack but there's still a ways to go. It just goes to show you how much wood we actually use... year after year. The fun never stops.

I think we're in decent shape in terms of total wood, and after year 1 is done, I think I can make a significant impact on year 2. I might even be so bold as to say that I might have enough to complete year 2, but then again, I might not. If that were the case I would be so stoked because I would be finally on top of things, but that may be getting too big for my britches, or counting my chickens before they hatch. Something like that.


Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to fishhawk for the pic.

No comments: